Friday, November 6, 2009

03.11.09 Day Two in Paris

Day two in Paris:
Yesterday, I visited Parc de la Villette in the morning. It was huge complex of art and science museum. Although it was little shower but it does not affect my sightseeing. Surprisingly, I found that Cite de la Musique was also in the same complex, it was designed by Christian de Portzamparc . It was my Bachelor’s study case. I can’t believe that I have visited it personally.

Yohooo!... It was lot of surprises when I visited Villa Savoye in Poissy, a Paris’ Suburb (approximately 1.5 hour) from City of Paris. The house was still beautiful although it was designed in 1950s. I reckon that it was one of the Modern Architecture Masterpiece.

During my visit to Villa Savoye, I met Katsuya. A Japanese architecture student who study his master degree in Sweden. With him, I headed to Musee du Quai Branly, designed by Jean Nouvell. The museum’s design was very interesting, as it plays with lot of geometrical form, colours, shade & shadow, contour, contrastness between old and new.

Then surprisingly, I saw Eiffel Tower not so far from the museum. It was gorgeous. Back in 1890. The tower was designed to commemorate the Paris World Expo at that time. I can still why that it was the highest tower at that time.

Seen from my friend’s photo, the Paris landscape is widely seen from the observation desk. However, I did not have too much time to queue for the ticket. Then I bought some Eiffel Tower souvenirs. It costs 10 euro for 3 small miniature towers and a key chain.

Then, I headed to Biblioteque of France. It is National Library, which located in riverside. I can say that the use of material for the building, was too massive and unnecessary. It is because the use of timber was too much for that building, may be it is FSC’s certified timber, but if the use is more than what should be, it is called material waste. Even, I was almost fallen due to slippery.

It was not safe to step during shower and in some place. It grows the moss which makes the slippery even worse. I like the idea though but I just feel that it was too big and material intensive. I just do not get the idea of using ramp escalator since no visitors have trolley with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment