Sunday, November 15, 2009

14.11.09 Segovia Trip

Segovia trip, 14 November 2009.

My Segovia trip was amazing, I like it alot. the weather was amazing. It was forecasted to be shower though but I insist to go..lucky me, It was bright sunshine day.

You know what, I feel so blessed that my spanish trip was always in the sunshine day, I hope it will last till we depart from Europe. Segovia is pretty impressive with Roman Aquaduct that length for 800m. It was built for water transportation, but now it became landmark for the city. Interestingly, there are other building that's also worth seeing, which is Alcatraz Fortress. It was looks like disneyland palace, perhaps it was the precedent :).

The fortress was fulfilled with the history of spanish colonial artileries. It looks like visiting the old time. I was impressed by the building preservation. It may be more dramatic at night when the building is highlighted, but it is okay I can find it in the internet for the picture.

Overall, Segovia seems to be a city that become the old cultural capital of Spain. It is well integrated between tourist destinations and normal daily life. Interestingly, the city nearby is definitely looks like a old town in the movie. I rate 4 out of 5 for Segovia and recommend to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment